This dessert is supposed to be prepared in a broad dish and each serving is a square containing a cherry! This is what my sister calls it. This is her recipe. You can find the original recipe here
Crushed Marie Biscuits--1 cup
Pudding (Kraft/Hunt's/Jello) Any flavor that you like-2 containers
Pineapple cut into very small pieces or Crushed pineapple can or Dole pineapple fruit cupsMethod:
1. In a deep bowl, put half of the crushed wafers. Make it an even layer.
2. Add the coconut and spread evenly.
3. Put the pineapple pieces evenly on top of the coconut layer.
4. Spread the pudding on top of the pineapples. You can make your own pudding, but since I did not have any pudding mixes handy, I just used the ready made pudding.
5. Put some slivered almonds on top.
6. Repeat steps 1-4.
8. Top it with cherries, either fresh or maraschino bottled cherries.
9. Cover it up and put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. This allows the wafers to soften and they all blend well into one another.
10. Cut it into squares and serve.Variations:
You can use Graham crackers/Nilla wafers/Stauffer's Animal crackers instead of Marie Biscuits. Nuts are also optional. Instead of pudding, you can use ice cream or even yogurt. Whatever milk based stuff you have in hand, you can add it.
There isn't a single person so far who hasn't asked for a second serving of this when I have made it!. You gotta eat it to believe it!
This is my entry for JFI-Milk
, hosted by Vineela.